I love a good project, but I've found that the more kids I have...the less project time I have. A couple of days ago Rachel decided she wanted a blue dress and cloak like Erica from Barbie's Princess in the Popper. I was going to use some old material to make a dress, but then I decided that was too much work so we went and looked at Goodwill stores and found this dress. It was a woman's size 10 but we just had to pull it up at the shoulders. We used my old prom dress material to make the cape.
A good seamstress might have ironed the cloak.
I was able to get this all before noon. My important discovery was that if I do a project for Rachel she doesn't get bored and asked me what she can do, she'll do her best at watching all of the children, and I get to do a project!
Rachel is lucky to have such a clever mom!
ReplyDeleteThat's one amazing cape. Did you have a pattern or make it up? And the blue of the dress looks like a great color match. I'm quite impressed. Way to find a the babysitter in Rachel!
ReplyDelete