Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Playroom Decor

I finished the playroom....I think.  I need feedback.  Here it is:

 This is one of the undecided areas.  Window treatments or no window treatments?  If so what kind?

This might be a better view for that question.

 We flipped our old IKEA shelf on it's side.  I got canvas totes and covered them with material from my mom.  I made the cushions too.  I put grippy material on the bottom so they wouldn't slide.

 My mom's cross stitch is in the middle with all their baby pictures.  I painted black frames and then distressed them.  I found the totes for this shelf at ALDI.  Here's another indecision-do I cover the totes with matching striped material or leave them like that?

 The dress up armoire.  Our neighbor was getting rid of their chest of drawers so I took out the drawers and painted it, put up a tension rod, and now our dress-ups are a little more organized.  (pinterest idea)

 I painted these big paper clips to use for our art gallery.  I like how they turned out.  I like not having our fridge cluttered too:).


2 comments:

  1. Since the walls of the playroom are a neutral color, I would do a window treatment with some bright colors, just to liven up the room a little. The colors could match or coordinate with what you have on the bins. I would do something short, so they don't get pulled down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the blue on the clips the same on the picture frames? I think window treatments in that bluish green color would be awesome. I think something that doesn't cover the whole window would look good-like valances. I'm kind of 50/50 on the bins. I think matching is cute but the way you have it doesn't look bad. Oh, and the dress-ups thing is adorable.

    ReplyDelete