Joe and I went into the hospital at 8:00am for me to be induced.
Despite all the contractions on Christmas day, I wasn't that far along so the induction took longer than expected. We kept busy by watching the home improvement network and Joe was kind to take attractive pictures of me:) I had been really busy with primary and Christmas and I realized I never really slowed down to prepare emotionally or mentally for a baby so the wait was kind of nice. They didn't start pitosin until that night and it seemed like it went fast after that.
Lily was born on December 27th and 12:14am. She wanted to wait to be a birthday present for her dad:) She weighed 8 lbs and 5 oz and was 20.25 inches long.
I just cried when they handed her to me. I was touched that she was finally here and perfect. I also cried because it was such a long road while I had so much to do with my calling and as a mother. The other reason I might have cried is because that seems to be my response to most things more recently:).
They took Lily for a little bit because she had some fluid in her lungs affecting her breathing. This is her and I after she came back from the nursery. They said the fluid was from her coming out in one push. The time in the birth canal is supposed to squeeze a lot of that fluid out. She choked a little during the night with us, which made us nervous, but it didn't happen again once we got home.
Adorable :)!! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDelete