Last Saturday my friend, Megan, and I did the Cincinnati Half Marathon. We made a family trip of it and stayed in a hotel with a pool (with a broken heat pump:(). I think the kids had a lot of fun, especially hanging out with Megan's kids.
We walked around the city the night before. It was beautiful! Rachel took all the city pictures. These are actually from right after the race.
Megan and I before the race in our winter running gear...It was cold!
The guys brought the kids to the 4 mile mark right outside the hotel. That was convenient...
...especially for getting rid of some of our warmer gear.
Unfortunately the finish line wasn't as close to the hotel and the guys had a rougher time getting the kids there so this is us 20 minutes after we got to the finish line:) Apparently I'm just as bad as my kids at looking at the camera. Thanks to Joe and my family for supporting me while I was gone on long runs and Megan for being my running buddy!
You're an inspiration to all of us.
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I'm a little jealous. But it looks so freezy that I'm not too jealous!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Melanie!!!
ReplyDelete