It was one of those nights. I was planning on going to bed early, but I was getting a ton done at homework so I went to bed a little later than I wanted to. I thought, no problem, as long as I get a good night sleep. This was the night that the big storm hit across all of the United States and put it in a deep freeze. Here in Lexington we just got some crazy wind. It woke Melanie and me up. Melanie got up to check the computer to see if there was a tornado warning or anything. There were 40-50 mph winds and for some reason it was really loud to us. Now we had just set up our trampoline a couple days before. Since we are new home owners and afraid horrible things are going to happen to our house, we could both picture the trampoline being lifted up and thrown into our house or a neighbor’s fence. Melanie decided to take some cinder blocks we had and put them on the legs of the trampoline. As I lay there in bed, I could picture my wife struggling in the wind to do this, so I went down and helped out.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
One of Those Nights
It was one of those nights. I was planning on going to bed early, but I was getting a ton done at homework so I went to bed a little later than I wanted to. I thought, no problem, as long as I get a good night sleep. This was the night that the big storm hit across all of the United States and put it in a deep freeze. Here in Lexington we just got some crazy wind. It woke Melanie and me up. Melanie got up to check the computer to see if there was a tornado warning or anything. There were 40-50 mph winds and for some reason it was really loud to us. Now we had just set up our trampoline a couple days before. Since we are new home owners and afraid horrible things are going to happen to our house, we could both picture the trampoline being lifted up and thrown into our house or a neighbor’s fence. Melanie decided to take some cinder blocks we had and put them on the legs of the trampoline. As I lay there in bed, I could picture my wife struggling in the wind to do this, so I went down and helped out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're the best! -Melanie:)
ReplyDeleteThats hilarious. And sad, of course.
ReplyDeleteThat's a good dad--suck it up and let Mom sleep. I hope Lincoln is feeling better now.
ReplyDelete