Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Project

I thought it would help my vitality and pregnancy energy to do a project.  This woman in my ward that is from Congo, gave me this pretty sand painting for Mother's Day, but it needed a custom frame.  I priced it out and it would be about $180 ish.  I wasn't down with that so I decided to DIY it, with a lot of help from my mom, pinterest, and Joe.

 I started with dry mounting the cloth picture on foam board with a stapler.  I then cut mitered edged base boards.

 I had to use bracket hard ware since I don't have the fancy frame clamp.

 To make it so we had enough depth to put in glass I added an edge that was about 5/8" by 2 5/8".

I cut up an old diaper box to create space between the picture and the glass.  I was sad when I broke the first piece of glass and had to go get another one.  The back of the frame was bigger than the picture so I added some wood so I could slide in the picture and the glass and then I angle drilled in screws to keep it in place.

All finished.  Joe was very nice to help me a ton since my pregnancy energy dies at night when we're working on it.  I don't think I'm going to become a custom framer but it was fun to try, and save a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment