Tuesday, July 10, 2012

#4 and Blessed

We're expecting baby #4 December 30!  Last week we were able to see/hear the heart beat for the first time. I was surprised how nervous I was and then excited when I saw the baby and the heartbeat. It's amazing to me how a new life can start with so little and become a living soul.  I'm glad that God entrusts us with that power to bring another life into the world.

I've been thinking how blessed I am to be the mother of three, and soon to be four, children.  I know not everyone has that blessing.  I really feel like my children are my treasures and I'm glad I get to spend so much of my time with them.  My perspective has changed a lot since my niece was diagnosed with a terminal illness when she was less than a year old.  As much as I wished I could make everything better for them, I realized what I could do was appreciate my children, give them more hugs and kisses, and enjoy my time with them.

While I haven't been as sick as long this time, Joe has had to help a ton.  He has really stepped up and cleaned our house every night without complaint.  I'm grateful for a good husband whose examples challenges me to be better.

I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I got more nervous for each ultrasound, for some reason. I hope you're to the "good" part of your pregnancy now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Melanie :)!! It only took you 5 years to catch up to me :)!! I'm excited for you and your cute family! Are you finding out what you are having?

    ReplyDelete