Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter


Our festivities started at Grandma and Grandpa's house a week early.  The kids and I went up to IL while Joe helped with tornado relief.  The kids dyed Easter eggs and then hunted them.  My family was good to play with them.  We had fun.

Our next festivity was the neighborhood Easter egg hunt the day before Easter.  The kids got a total of five eggs which I tried to prep them for so they wouldn't be upset.  The exciting part was at the end when they gave away door prizes.  There were a ton of kids and somehow Rachel and Lincoln each won one.  Yea!





We follow my family's tradition of not doing the Easter egg hunt on Sunday to keep Easter about Jesus.  I had a marvelous idea this year of doing it on Monday instead of the Saturday before so I could get discounted candy.  I believe this all stemmed from my cheap Lunt roots:) 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait for next year's neighborhood egg hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cheapness ;)... Having discounted candy means you can by triple the amount! Your kids must've loved that! Smart mom.

    ReplyDelete